- Who are we, and what is the purpose of this policy?
By combining deep subject-matter expertise with proprietary solutions, Team Marksmen creates bespoke knowledge platforms for clients, thereby delivering long-term impact.
As a business, leadership, and lifestyle print magazine, in Focus aims to deliver insights and ideas that shape the world view of curious minds across business and society.
This website is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Controller: This site is owned and operated by Team Marksmen Netowrk, which is made up of different legal entities, including Markemen Daily & in Focus.
Team Marksmen is the controller and responsible for this website, they will be the controller for your data for any products or services purchased through this website.
Full name of legal entity: Team Marksmen Network Pvt Ltd
Email address: Contact@teammarksmen.com
Postal address: Team Marksmen Network Pvt Ltd, 308, Evershine Business Complex, Above Evershine Mall, Mindspace, Chincholi Bunder Road, Malad (West), Mumbai – 400064.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- Third Party Links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
- What data do we collect?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
- If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- How do we collect data?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our services (including our webinars and events);
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications (including newsletters);
- enquire about our events;
- enquire about our sponsorship opportunities;
- request marketing materials to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion, or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- analytics providers;
- advertising networks; and
- search information providers.
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers, aggregators, or publicly available sources.
- How do we use your data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data, although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose / Activity
|Type of Data
|Lawful basis for processing (including basis of legitimate interest)
|To register you as a new customer (for example, your data will be stored and processed by us in the software platform which control access to different parts of our website and your membership, and our customer relationship management software platform)
|(a) Identity (b) Contact
|Performance of a contract with you
|To process and deliver your order of a product of the delivery of a service including: (a) Manage payments, fees and charges (for example your data will be stored and processed by us in the software platform used to deliver webinar services) (b) Collect and recover money owed to us (c) Delivery of a webinar
|(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Financial (d) Transaction (e) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
|(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation (c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey
|(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Usage (e) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business)
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
|(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical
|(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise) (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
|(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Usage (e) Marketing and Communications (f) Technical
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products / services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
|(a) Technical (b) Usage
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
|(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical (d) Usage (e) Profile (f) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)
|For our third party Sponsors to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
|(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical (d) Usage (e) Profile (f) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests and those of our Sponsors (to develop their products/services and grow their business)
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us, or purchased services from us, and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
An example of this is where you access certain sponsored content, to access such parts of our website, you will have to consent to the sharing of your personal data with third parties so that they can directly market to you.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by various methods, such as:
- by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you; or
- by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience, or other transactions.
You can ask third parties to stop sending you marketing messages in similar ways, for example:
- by following the opt-out links on any third party marketing messages sent to you by them; or
- by contacting the third party at any time;
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you, and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- How, and to whom do, we disclose your personal data?
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table titled ‘Purposes’ for which we will use your personal data above.
- Internal Third Parties.
- External Third Parties.
- Specific third parties, such as our Sponsors
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes, and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- How do we secure your data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to
- How do we retain your data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting, or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
We also retain basic information about our customers after they cease to be customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for periods defined by the law for tax and legal purposes.
In some circumstances, we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.